Washington's Kelvin Harmon reportedly tears ACL
Washington wide receiver Kelvin Harmon tore his ACL while preparing for training camp and will miss the season, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Harmon, a 2019 sixth-round pick, had been penciled in as the second or third option in the receiving game behind Terry McLaurin. He had a slow start to his rookie season but averaged a respectable 41.4 yards over the final seven games and finished with the second-most receptions (34) on the team among receivers. Harmon's absence should lead to a larger role for Steven Sims and there also may be more opportunity for Trey Quinn and Antonio Gibson.
numberFire's models expected Harmon to see a 13.1 percent target share (65.8 targets) this season. His 12.2 yards per catch ranked 10th among all rookies with at least 30 catches.
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (toe) will not require surgery January 10th, 2021
- Washington's Taylor Heinecke starting under center on Saturday January 9th, 2021
- Alex Smith (calf) inactive for Washington in Saturday's Wild Card game January 9th, 2021
- Alex Smith (calf) upgraded as Washington prepares for Buccaneers January 7th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (ankle) returns to Football Team practice January 7th, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (toe) limited on Wednesday January 6th, 2021