Lions get Jeffrey Okudah under contract
The Detroit Lions have signed 2020 first round draft pick Jeff Okudah to his rookie contract.
The third overall selection of the 2020 NFL Draft, Okudah will be expected to fill in Darius Slay's shoes as the team's top cornerback. Slay profiled as a true shutdown corner at the college level, but he'll have to square off against some of the best receiving talent in the league twice a year in the NFC North, like Davante Adams, Allen Robinson and Adam Thielen.
Okudah was a star in his time at Ohio State, and especially in his final two seasons, in which he allowed just 5.0 yards per target. Unfortunately for Okudah, he'll be paired off against Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, and DeAndre Hopkins all in the first four weeks of his career.
- Saints running back Alvin Kamara played through 'torn' knee in 2019 August 10th, 2020
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident August 7th, 2020
- Eagles re-sign defensive end Vinny Curry to one-year deal August 7th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- Kenny Golladay (COVID-19) good to go for Lions August 5th, 2020
- Lions' Matthew Stafford activated off reserve/COVID-19 list August 4th, 2020
- Lions' Geronimo Allison opts out of 2020 season August 2nd, 2020
- Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford placed on COVID-19 list August 1st, 2020
- Lions place Kenny Golladay on COVID-19 list July 30th, 2020