Browns sign rookie Jacob Phillips
The Cleveland Browns signed third-round linebacker Jacob Phillips to a four-year contract.
Phillips was taken by the Browns with the 97th pick after he led the SEC in tackles (113) as a junior for last year's National Champion LSU Tigers. He only missed 5-of-75 potential tackles and earned Pro Football Focus' fifth-best tackling grade out of 460 qualifiers. Phillips could potentially compete for a starting role as a rookie.
numberFire's models expect Phillips to record 81.4 tackles, 0.6 sacks, and 1.2 pass deflections as a rookie. The Browns D/ST is 18th in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Zack Moss (toe) ruled out for Bills in Week 3 versus Rams September 25th, 2020
- Rams' Malcolm Brown (finger) fully practices on Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Houston's Will Fuller not listed on Week 3's injury report against Steelers September 24th, 2020
- Washington's Steven Sims (toe) limited in Thursday practice September 24th, 2020
- Lions' Kenny Golladay (hamstring) logs limited practice on Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins in concussion protocol September 24th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) active for Thursday's matchup against Bengals September 17th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) questionable for Thursday's Week 2 game September 16th, 2020
- Browns send David Njoku (knee) to injured reserve September 14th, 2020
- Browns center J.C. Tretter (knee, questionable) expected to play Sunday September 13th, 2020
- Jarvis Landry (hip) Week 1 snaps hinge on Browns' gameplan September 11th, 2020
- Browns sign Kareem Hunt to two-year contract extension worth $13.25 million September 8th, 2020