Broncos' Justin Simmons expected to sign franchise tender this weekend
Denver Broncos safety Justin Simmons is expected to sign his franchise tender this weekend.
According to Adam Schefter, the signing of Simmons' franchise tender "is just a formality" after the Broncos safety reportedly accepted the tender on Friday. The 26-year old will need to play an important role for a Denver pass defense ranked sixth overall in passing touchdowns allowed last season (19 on 537 attempts).
Simmons' yearly projection includes 90.6 tackles, 2.4 interceptions, and 9.2 pass deflections.
- Olson: Raiders will start Henry Ruggs in slot August 6th, 2020
- Kenny Golladay (COVID-19) good to go for Lions August 5th, 2020
- Ravens' Marquise Brown now up to 180 pounds August 5th, 2020
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson '100 percent' after hernia surgery August 5th, 2020
- Dolphins' Albert Wilson also opts out of season August 5th, 2020
- Patriots' Mohamed Sanu (ankle) activated off PUP August 4th, 2020
- Broncos' Melvin Gordon expects a competition with Phillip Lindsay July 26th, 2020
- Broncos' Justin Simmons signs franchise tag July 15th, 2020
- Broncos' Justin Simmons expected to sign franchise tender this weekend July 10th, 2020
- A.J. Johnson to remain a 'mainstay' on early downs for Broncos June 29th, 2020
- Broncos' Phillip Lindsay put on a few pounds June 23rd, 2020
- Broncos' Kareem Jackson tests positive for COVID-19 June 17th, 2020