Browns' Olivier Vernon reworks final year
Cleveland Browns defensive lineman Olivier Vernon restructured the final year of his contract, reports Field Yates of ESPN.
The Browns were reportedly ready to release Vernon before this agreement. He will now make $11 million guaranteed after previously being due a non-guaranteed $15.25 million. There's also an additional $2 million available through incentives. Injuries limited Vernon to 10 games in his first season with the Browns. He only recorded 3.5 sacks after having at least 6.5 in six straight seasons. Vernon will turn 30 in October.
numberFire's models project Vernon for 41.4 tackles, 7.1 sacks, and 1.6 forced fumbles this season. The Browns D/ST is 18th in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident August 7th, 2020
- Eagles re-sign defensive end Vinny Curry to one-year deal August 7th, 2020
- Olson: Raiders will start Henry Ruggs in slot August 6th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) lands on active/PUP list August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' David Njoku commits to staying in Cleveland August 1st, 2020
- Browns place Dontrell Hilliard on reserve/COVID-19 list July 27th, 2020
- Grant Delpit, Browns agree to 4-year contract July 15th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reportedly gets $125 million extension July 14th, 2020