Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes reportedly guaranteed $477 million
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes' 10-year contract is worth $503 million and includes $477 million in "guaranteed mechanisms," reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
The contract was previously reported to be worth $450 million with a $140 million injury guarantee. Mahomes is locked up with the Chiefs through the 2031 season. He has 10 more passing touchdowns (76) than anyone else in the league over the past two seasons. He also has the second-most passing yards per game (304.3) in that span. The reigning Super Bowl MVP turns 25 in September.
Mahomes is the second-best player overall in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 4,698.4 yards, 38.2 touchdowns, and 11.7 interceptions with another 196.6 yards and 2.1 touchdowns on the ground. Last season, Mahomes led all quarterbacks with at least 500 attempts in numberFire's advanced per-play passing metric.
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident August 7th, 2020
- Eagles re-sign defensive end Vinny Curry to one-year deal August 7th, 2020
- Rapoport: Chiefs' Damien Williams opts out of 2020 season July 29th, 2020
- Chiefs reportedly sign offensive guard Kelechi Osemele to one-year deal July 26th, 2020
- Chiefs' Laurent Duvernay-Tardif opts out of 2020 NFL season July 24th, 2020
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire reportedly agrees with Chiefs July 21st, 2020
- Chris Jones reportedly lands 4-year, $85M from Chiefs July 14th, 2020
- Chiefs have begun contract negotiations with Chris Jones July 12th, 2020