Patrick Mahomes signs 10-year, $450 million extension with Chiefs
The Kansas City Chiefs signed quarterback Patrick Mahomes to a 10-year contract extension.
The deal ties Mahomes with the Chiefs through the 2031 season and is reportedly worth $450 million. It's a solid investment for someone who already won a Super Bowl MVP and a regular-season MVP before their 25th birthday. Mahomes has 10 more passing touchdowns (76) than anyone else in the league over the past two seasons. He also has the second-most passing yards per game (304.3) in that span.
Mahomes is the second-best player overall in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 4,698.4 yards, 38.2 touchdowns, and 11.7 interceptions with another 196.6 yards and 2.1 touchdowns on the ground. Last season, Mahomes led all quarterbacks with at least 500 attempts in numberFire's advanced per-play passing metric.
- Kenny Golladay (COVID-19) good to go for Lions August 5th, 2020
- Ravens' Marquise Brown now up to 180 pounds August 5th, 2020
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson '100 percent' after hernia surgery August 5th, 2020
- Dolphins' Albert Wilson also opts out of season August 5th, 2020
- Patriots' Mohamed Sanu (ankle) activated off PUP August 4th, 2020
- Vikings' Justin Jefferson activated off reserve/COVID-19 list August 4th, 2020
- Rapoport: Chiefs' Damien Williams opts out of 2020 season July 29th, 2020
- Chiefs reportedly sign offensive guard Kelechi Osemele to one-year deal July 26th, 2020
- Chiefs' Laurent Duvernay-Tardif opts out of 2020 NFL season July 24th, 2020
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire reportedly agrees with Chiefs July 21st, 2020
- Chris Jones reportedly lands 4-year, $85M from Chiefs July 14th, 2020
- Chiefs have begun contract negotiations with Chris Jones July 12th, 2020