Cowboys "might have some interest" in David Njoku
The Dallas Cowboys might have some interest in trading for Cleveland Browns' tight end David Njoku, according to Mary Cabot of Cleveland.com.
Dallas is the first team to have their name connected with Njoku, who officially requested a trade from the Browns this week. While very far from a sure thing, Njoku would be an exciting addition to an already absurdly stacked Dallas offense. Following Jason Witten's move to the Las Vegas Raiders, the Cowboys' are light at tight end behind Blake Jarwin. That said, with their offseason addition of rookie wide receiver CeeDee Lamb, it's likely the Cowboys will look to continue to utilize three wide receiver sets, which would leave little room for Jarwin and Njoku to see the field together, should a move actually materialize. The Cowboys interest in Njoku has been contested by Sports Illustrated's Mike Fisher, who reported that Dallas is not interested in a trade.
Assuming he says with Cleveland, Njoku is the TE37 in numberFire's preseason rankings, while Blake Jarwin is the TE13.
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident August 7th, 2020
- Eagles re-sign defensive end Vinny Curry to one-year deal August 7th, 2020
- Olson: Raiders will start Henry Ruggs in slot August 6th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) lands on active/PUP list August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' David Njoku commits to staying in Cleveland August 1st, 2020
- Browns place Dontrell Hilliard on reserve/COVID-19 list July 27th, 2020
- Grant Delpit, Browns agree to 4-year contract July 15th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reportedly gets $125 million extension July 14th, 2020