Browns tight end David Njoku has requested to be traded
Cleveland Browns tight end David Njoku has requested a trade, per Adam Schefter.
The Browns picked up Njoku's 5th-year option this year despite signing Austin Hooper, sending mixed signals about how the team feels about the former first-round pick. While new head coach Kevin Stefanski utilized two-tight end sets at a high rate with Minnesota Vikings, Njoku's role with the team is uncertain for 2020.
Njoku has struggled since entering the league, but it should be noted that he is still just 23 years old. He spent most of his rookie season in a competition for playing time with Seth DeValve, and took a small step forward in 2018 with a solid 683 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns, but his play fell off mightily in 2019 before his season was cut short by injuries. numberFire currently projects Njoku (TE37) to finish far behind Hooper (TE11) this season in fantasy, with under 300 receiving yards. If Njoku does land elsewhere, 2020 fourth-round pick and Mackey Award-winner Harrison Bryant could see playing time earlier than expected.
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident August 7th, 2020
- Eagles re-sign defensive end Vinny Curry to one-year deal August 7th, 2020
- Olson: Raiders will start Henry Ruggs in slot August 6th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) lands on active/PUP list August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' David Njoku commits to staying in Cleveland August 1st, 2020
- Browns place Dontrell Hilliard on reserve/COVID-19 list July 27th, 2020
- Grant Delpit, Browns agree to 4-year contract July 15th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reportedly gets $125 million extension July 14th, 2020