Bengals defensive back Trae Waynes has not taken physical
New Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Trae Waynes has not collected his signing bonus yet as he has not met with the team's doctors for his official physical.
Waynes is due $15 million as a signing bonus, but will only receive that check when he meets with the team doctors and passes his physical. Waynes missed two games in each of the past two seasons with injuries, and is reportedly taking every precaution to avoid injuring himself this offseason.
A former first round pick of the Minnesota Vikings, Waynes has had an up-and-down career to date. While he took over as a starting cornerback opposite veteran Xavier Rhodes back in 2017, he was arguably the weakest link in that secondary last season, allowing a 74% completion rate when targeted. The addition of Waynes should help the Bengals defense, but numberFire still projects the team to allow the second-most points against in the league in 2020.
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident August 7th, 2020
- Eagles re-sign defensive end Vinny Curry to one-year deal August 7th, 2020
- Bengals sign Joe Burrow to four-year deal worth $36.1 million July 28th, 2020
- A.J. Green signs franchise tag tender, will report to Bengals' training camp July 17th, 2020
- A.J. Green, Bengals reportedly unlikely to get deal done July 15th, 2020
- Bengals defensive back Trae Waynes has not taken physical July 3rd, 2020
- Joe Burrow 'as advertised' for Bengals June 22nd, 2020
- Bengals' William Jackson now fully healthy after tearing labrum June 4th, 2020