Le'Veon Bell 'training like a mad man' for second Jets season
New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell has been "training like a mad man" this offseason, writes Connor Hughes of The Athletic.
Hughes cites Bell's Instagram stories as evidence. Bell finished with the eighth-most touches (311) in the league in his debut season with the Jets, but his career-low 4.0 yards per touch was worst among all players with at least 270 touches. He wasn't helped at all by the offensive line, as the Jets averaged an NFL-worst 0.7 rushing yards before contact per attempt, per Pro Football Focus. The Jets added as many as four new starters on the line for 2020, hopefully setting Bell up for better success in his second year with the squad. He turned 28 in February.
numberFire's models project Bell for 247.4 carries, 994.1 rushing yards, 36.9 receptions (50.4 targets), 276.9 receiving yards, and 7.6 touchdowns. He's the RB18 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Jaguars' Christian Kirk (groin) will not return to Week 13 contest December 4th, 2023
- Jaguars' Christian Kirk (groin) questionable to return in Week 13 December 4th, 2023
- Jaguars' Christian Kirk helped off field in Week 13 December 4th, 2023
- Anthony Davis (adductor/hip) probable Tuesday for Los Angeles December 4th, 2023
- Rams' Tyler Higbee avoids concussion, dealing with stinger following Week 13 December 4th, 2023
- Browns' Joe Flacco reverts to practice squad; Week 14 starter to be determined December 4th, 2023
- Chris Godwin (neck) active for Bucs in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Bucs' Chris Godwin (neck) a game-time decision for Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Chris Godwin (neck) added to Buccaneers injury report Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Buccaneers' Baker Mayfield (ankle) practicing in full on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Buccaneers' Baker Mayfield (ankle) feeling better, expected to play Week 13 November 29th, 2023
- Baker Mayfield (ankle) could be limited in Buccaneers Week 13 prep November 29th, 2023