Le'Veon Bell 'training like a mad man' for second Jets season
New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell has been "training like a mad man" this offseason, writes Connor Hughes of The Athletic.
Hughes cites Bell's Instagram stories as evidence. Bell finished with the eighth-most touches (311) in the league in his debut season with the Jets, but his career-low 4.0 yards per touch was worst among all players with at least 270 touches. He wasn't helped at all by the offensive line, as the Jets averaged an NFL-worst 0.7 rushing yards before contact per attempt, per Pro Football Focus. The Jets added as many as four new starters on the line for 2020, hopefully setting Bell up for better success in his second year with the squad. He turned 28 in February.
numberFire's models project Bell for 247.4 carries, 994.1 rushing yards, 36.9 receptions (50.4 targets), 276.9 receiving yards, and 7.6 touchdowns. He's the RB18 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident August 7th, 2020
- Eagles re-sign defensive end Vinny Curry to one-year deal August 7th, 2020
- Jets release offensive guard Brian Winters on Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Jets' C.J. Mosley opts out of 2020 NFL season August 1st, 2020
- Jets agree to trade safety Jamal Adams to Seattle July 25th, 2020
- Jets' Gase reportedly wanted Marcus Maye dealt July 6th, 2020
- Le'Veon Bell 'training like a mad man' for second Jets season July 2nd, 2020
- Jets "still talking" with free agent Demaryius Thomas July 1st, 2020