Kendrick Bourne extension discussed by 49ers
The San Francisco 49ers have discussed an extension for contract-year wide receiver Kendrick Bourne, per Matt Barrows of The Athletic.
Bourne signed a deal in April that will pay him $3.3 million in 2020, but he's scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after that. The former undrafted free agent played the third-most snaps (43.7 percent) among 49ers' wideouts last season and he could see a larger role this year if Deebo Samuel (foot) misses time. Bourne never had 70 yards or more than 4 catches in any game last season, but he did tie George Kittle for the team lead with 5 touchdowns.
Bourne is the WR84 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 52.7 targets, 32.4 receptions, 391.2 yards, and 3.0 touchdowns.
- Patriots officially sign running back Lamar Miller to one-year deal August 13th, 2020
- Saints running back Alvin Kamara played through 'torn' knee in 2019 August 10th, 2020
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- 49ers sign tight end Jordan Reed August 3rd, 2020
- 49ers expect George Kittle to report to training camp on time July 28th, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (foot) "might miss some games" to start the season July 28th, 2020
- 49ers' Richie James lands on reserve/COVID-19 list July 27th, 2020
- 49ers restructure Raheem Mostert's contract July 27th, 2020
- 49ers Jerick McKinnon (knee) responding well to offseason work July 25th, 2020