Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Trent Taylor will have the third-most receptions on the team behind George Kittle and Deebo Samuel (foot), writes Matt Barrows of The Athletic.
Taylor missed all of last season with the same foot injury that Samuel is currently dealing with. The local beat seems high on a bounce-back campaign, as NBC Sports Bay Area reported in April that the 49ers are still expecting "big things" from Taylor. Barrows also includes Kendrick Bourne and first-round pick Brandon Aiyuk as "other favorites" to be the third on San Francisco's pass-catching totem pole. He goes on to even mention Travis Benjamin and running back Jerick McKinnon as long shots, indicating there likely won't be a clear third option. Taylor caught 43 passes as a rookie but was held to 26 receptions in 2018.
Taylor's 6.4 yards per target ranks 101st out of 107 receivers with at least 100 combined targets since the start of the 2017 season.
- Patriots officially sign running back Lamar Miller to one-year deal August 13th, 2020
- Saints running back Alvin Kamara played through 'torn' knee in 2019 August 10th, 2020
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- 49ers sign tight end Jordan Reed August 3rd, 2020
- 49ers expect George Kittle to report to training camp on time July 28th, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (foot) "might miss some games" to start the season July 28th, 2020
- 49ers' Richie James lands on reserve/COVID-19 list July 27th, 2020
- 49ers restructure Raheem Mostert's contract July 27th, 2020
- 49ers Jerick McKinnon (knee) responding well to offseason work July 25th, 2020