Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots
New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton's contract includes $550,000 guaranteed.
The deal includes a $1.05 million base salary with $700,000 in per-game roster bonuses and carries a maximum value of $7.5 million. It's a low contract for a starting quarterback, but the Patriots were reportedly the only team to make Newton an offer. The former league MVP was limited to just two games last season by a foot injury he suffered in the preseason.
Cam is the QB10 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 3,748.3 passing yards with 26.1 touchdowns and 14.6 interceptions, plus another 392.1 rushing yards and 5.1 touchdowns.
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident August 7th, 2020
- Eagles re-sign defensive end Vinny Curry to one-year deal August 7th, 2020
- Patriots' Mohamed Sanu (ankle) activated off PUP August 4th, 2020
- Pats place Mohamed Sanu (ankle) on active/PUP list August 3rd, 2020
- Pats place Sony Michel (foot) on active/PUP list August 3rd, 2020
- Patriots' Cam Newton will have to win starting QB job July 31st, 2020
- Patrick Chung to be 6th Patriots' opt-out July 28th, 2020
- Patriots' Dont'a Hightower reportedly opting out of 2020 July 28th, 2020