Jets "still talking" with free agent Demaryius Thomas
The New York Jets are "still taking" with free-agent wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, according to The Athletic's Connor Hughes.
The 32-year-old former 1st round draft pick has an established connection with Adam Gase, and could be brought in to once again provide the Jets with depth at the wide receiver position. After losing Robby Anderson to the Carolina Panthers in free agency, the Jets current depth chart includes former Tampa Bay wide receiver Breshad Perriman, Jamison Crowder, rookie Denzel Mims, and Josh Doctson.
Thomas caught 36 of 55 targets (65.5%) for 433 yards (12 per reception) and 1 touchdown for the Jets last season after they acquired him from the New England Patriots for 2021 sixth-round draft pick.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Aaron Rodgers 'tweaks calf' at OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Jets sign wide receiver Randall Cobb to 1-year deal May 3rd, 2023
- Jets, Packers finalize deal to send Aaron Rodgers to New York April 24th, 2023
- Jets trading Elijah Moore to Cleveland Browns March 22nd, 2023
- Jets hire Mecole Hardman for 2023 March 22nd, 2023