Howe: Cam Newton 'wasn't guaranteed the Patriots starting job'
New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton reportedly was not guaranteed a starting role.
According to Howe and The Athletic, the Patriots did not initially pursue Newton for contract reasons and his signing has "nothing to do" with Jarrett Stidham's performance. If Newton claims the starting job, add the former MVP to a long list of intriguing value targets in a projected strong quarterback fantasy pool.
Newton's current yearly projection includes 338.1 completions for 26.1 touchdowns and 3,748.2 yards.
- Browns' Olivier Vernon reworks final year July 7th, 2020
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes reportedly guaranteed $477 million July 7th, 2020
- Jets' Gase reportedly wanted Marcus Maye dealt July 6th, 2020
- David Njoku reportedly 'big part' of Browns July 6th, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes signs 10-year, $450 million extension with Chiefs July 6th, 2020
- Chiefs expect 'big jump' from Damien Williams July 5th, 2020
- Rex Burkhead, Patriots reportedly restructure July 7th, 2020
- Cam Newton arrives in New England to take physical July 4th, 2020
- Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots July 2nd, 2020
- Howe: Cam Newton 'wasn't guaranteed the Patriots starting job' June 30th, 2020
- Cam Newton recommended to Patriots by Norv Turner June 29th, 2020
- Jarrett Stidham reportedly still in Patriots' QB competition June 29th, 2020