Shaq Barrett committed to Buccaneers in 2020
Tampa Bay Buccaneers edge rusher Shaq Barrett said he intends on signing the franchise tag if a long-term deal isn't reached.
“Long-term probably would be pretty hard with the situation in the world right now,‘‘ Barrett said. ‘‘I think we’re working on a deal, but it probably won’t be long and it will be a little bit of the franchise tag. We’re still trying to work something out. The franchise tag, if I don’t get nothing done, I’m going to sign that for sure. But it’s just we’re still trying to work to get something done and we’re just going to wait as long as we could to try and get it done." Barrett signed a one-year deal last offseason and then went on to lead the NFL with 19.5 sacks, more than he had over four seasons combined with the Denver Broncos. Barrett is entering his age-27 season.
numberFire's models project Barrett for 14.2 sacks, 73.8 tackles, 3.3 fumbles forced, 1.1 fumbles recovered, and 2.6 pass deflections this season. The Buccaneers D/ST is 20th in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Browns' Olivier Vernon reworks final year July 7th, 2020
- Rex Burkhead, Patriots reportedly restructure July 7th, 2020
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes reportedly guaranteed $477 million July 7th, 2020
- Jets' Gase reportedly wanted Marcus Maye dealt July 6th, 2020
- David Njoku reportedly 'big part' of Browns July 6th, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes signs 10-year, $450 million extension with Chiefs July 6th, 2020
- Shaq Barrett committed to Buccaneers in 2020 June 30th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Vita Vea (hand) will miss time during training camp June 27th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Jason Pierre-Paul undergoes minor knee surgery June 26th, 2020
- Shaq Barrett 'about 50-50' on signing Buccaneers' tag June 26th, 2020
- Mike Evans joins private practice with Buccaneers teammates June 26th, 2020
- Chris Godwin working out privately with Tom Brady, Buccaneers June 24th, 2020