Browns will wait on offensive play-caller decision
According to head coach Kevin Stefanski, the Cleveland Browns will decide during preseason who the primary offensive play-caller will be.
Cleveland's offensive structure remains a mystery as the Browns' staff have yet to decide who will call plays and how the volume will be distributed among their talented core of running backs, receivers, and tight ends. “That really remains to be seen,‘' said Stefanski when asked about play-calling duties. “I’d like to get everybody back in the building, get out there practicing and get together before we make that decision. That decision will be made before September 13th, I promise you that."
Expect Stefanski and offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt to ultimately emerge as primary candidates to call plays for the Browns. Under Stefanski's guidance, the Minnesota Vikings finished last season ranked 11th in numberFire's rushing expected points and 12th in passing expected points gained.
- Olson: Raiders will start Henry Ruggs in slot August 6th, 2020
- Kenny Golladay (COVID-19) good to go for Lions August 5th, 2020
- Ravens' Marquise Brown now up to 180 pounds August 5th, 2020
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson '100 percent' after hernia surgery August 5th, 2020
- Dolphins' Albert Wilson also opts out of season August 5th, 2020
- Patriots' Mohamed Sanu (ankle) activated off PUP August 4th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) lands on active/PUP list August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' David Njoku commits to staying in Cleveland August 1st, 2020
- Browns place Dontrell Hilliard on reserve/COVID-19 list July 27th, 2020
- Grant Delpit, Browns agree to 4-year contract July 15th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reportedly gets $125 million extension July 14th, 2020
- Browns sign rookie Jacob Phillips July 13th, 2020