Broncos' Phillip Lindsay put on a few pounds
Denver Broncos running back Phillip Lindsay (wrist) is up to 195 pounds.
Lindsay was listed at 190 pounds last season. “I’m 195 pounds and I feel good,” he said. “I feel strong, I feel fast and I feel like it’s my weight; I don’t feel like it’s something that I have to get used to, and that’s what you want. I think a good plan for me is going to be 192 to 195, but I’d rather be around 192 once the season starts, which gives me some leeway in camp or whenever when you drop a couple pounds." Lindsay underwent wrist surgery for the second straight offseason, but it was considered more of a "clean-up" procedure and he's ready for training camp. He's expected to form a one-two punch with Melvin Gordon in the Broncos' backfield this season, though Gordon will likely get the nod on passing downs. Lindsay saw 14.0 carries per game last year and averaged 2.7 yards before contact per carry, fifth-best among running backs.
numberFire's models project Lindsay for 129.7 carries, 593.6 rushing yards, 21.7 receptions (29.4 targets), 140.2 receiving yards, and 3.2 touchdowns. He's the RB41 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Patriots officially sign running back Lamar Miller to one-year deal August 13th, 2020
- Saints running back Alvin Kamara played through 'torn' knee in 2019 August 10th, 2020
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- Broncos' Melvin Gordon expects a competition with Phillip Lindsay July 26th, 2020
- Broncos' Justin Simmons signs franchise tag July 15th, 2020
- Broncos' Justin Simmons expected to sign franchise tender this weekend July 10th, 2020
- A.J. Johnson to remain a 'mainstay' on early downs for Broncos June 29th, 2020
- Broncos' Phillip Lindsay put on a few pounds June 23rd, 2020
- Broncos' Kareem Jackson tests positive for COVID-19 June 17th, 2020