Lions' T.J. Hockenson (ankle) still recovering
Detroit Lions tight end T.J. Hockenson (ankle) "might not be quite 100%" yet," offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell admitted.
Hockenson was placed on injured reserve in early December after struggling to play through an ankle issue for weeks. The top-10 pick lit the fantasy world ablaze with 6 catches for 131 yards and a touchdown in his Week 1 NFL debut, but Hockenson failed to exceed 56 yards in any game after that. Bevell did say that Hockenson is still “well on his way" to being 100 percent and that the team is "comfortable with his progress," so there's still hope the young tight end will be ready for the start of the season. Jesse James is next up on the depth chart for Detroit.
Hockenson is the TE16 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 77.1 targets, 53.1 receptions, 580.3 yards, and 3.6 touchdowns.
- Saints running back Alvin Kamara played through 'torn' knee in 2019 August 10th, 2020
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident August 7th, 2020
- Eagles re-sign defensive end Vinny Curry to one-year deal August 7th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- Kenny Golladay (COVID-19) good to go for Lions August 5th, 2020
- Lions' Matthew Stafford activated off reserve/COVID-19 list August 4th, 2020
- Lions' Geronimo Allison opts out of 2020 season August 2nd, 2020
- Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford placed on COVID-19 list August 1st, 2020
- Lions place Kenny Golladay on COVID-19 list July 30th, 2020