Randall Cobb catching passes with Texans' teammates
Houston Texans wide receiver Randall Cobb has been working out with quarterback Deshaun Watson and other teammates during the pandemic.
Cobb and company are expected to continue their private workouts after the Texans' virtual offseason program concludes. The Texans signed Cobb to a three-year, $27 million contract back in March. He could potentially see an every-down slot role in Houston after only playing 64.2 of the Dallas Cowboys' offensive snaps last season. There is plenty of production to make up for after DeAndre Hopkins was traded away. Hopkins led the Texans with 150 targets (9.4 per game) last season. The last time Hopkins didn't lead the team in targets, receptions, and yards was 2014, Andre Johnson's final year with the franchise.
Cobb is the WR69 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for the third-most targets (58.0) on the Texans, just ahead of Kenny Stills (56.6) but well behind Will Fuller (102.5) and Brandin Cooks (98.1). He's expected to catch 39.5 passes for 487.3 yards and 3.2 touchdowns.
- Raiders' Bryan Edwards (foot) not listed on Week 3's injury report against New England September 26th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski: "I'm a blocking tight end. I came here to block" September 25th, 2020
- Kenyan Drake enjoying Cardinals' fast-paced offense heading into Week 3's game against Lions September 25th, 2020
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster not listed on injury report ahead of Week 3's clash with Houston September 25th, 2020
- Rams' Malcolm Brown (finger) removed from injury report ahead of Week 3's game against Buffalo September 25th, 2020
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins feeling confident in his preparation heading into Week 3's game against Detroit September 25th, 2020
- Texans' Duke Johnson (ankle) questionable for Wednesday's game September 25th, 2020
- Texans' Kenny Stills (illness) now questionable for Week 3 September 25th, 2020
- Houston's Will Fuller not listed on Week 3's injury report against Steelers September 24th, 2020
- Will Fuller fails to draw a target in Texans loss September 21st, 2020
- Texans' Duke Johnson (ankle) inactive for Week 2 game against Ravens September 20th, 2020
- Texans' Brandin Cooks (quad) questionable for Week 2's matchup with Ravens September 18th, 2020