Brandin Cooks getting in reps with Deshaun Watson, Texans
Houston Texans wide receiver Brandin Cooks has been practicing with quarterback Deshaun Watson and other teammates.
Cooks hasn't been able to practice with Watson and his new teammates in an official capacity, so it's good to hear they've been able to get reps in on their own. The primary concern with Cooks is his concussion history. He missed two games last season and has five documented cases since entering the league in 2014. The former first-round pick was held to 583 receiving yards on 42 receptions (72 targets) last season following four straight 65-catch, 1,000-yard campaigns. Cooks will likely compete with Will Fuller as Watson's top option. He turns 27 in September.
Cooks is the WR36 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 98.1 targets, 61.5 receptions, 779.7 yards, and 5.2 touchdowns. He's expected to see 17.9 percent of Watson's targets, compared to 18.7 percent (102.5 targets) for Fuller.
- Raiders' Bryan Edwards (foot) not listed on Week 3's injury report against New England September 26th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski: "I'm a blocking tight end. I came here to block" September 25th, 2020
- Kenyan Drake enjoying Cardinals' fast-paced offense heading into Week 3's game against Lions September 25th, 2020
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster not listed on injury report ahead of Week 3's clash with Houston September 25th, 2020
- Rams' Malcolm Brown (finger) removed from injury report ahead of Week 3's game against Buffalo September 25th, 2020
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins feeling confident in his preparation heading into Week 3's game against Detroit September 25th, 2020
- Texans' Duke Johnson (ankle) questionable for Wednesday's game September 25th, 2020
- Texans' Kenny Stills (illness) now questionable for Week 3 September 25th, 2020
- Houston's Will Fuller not listed on Week 3's injury report against Steelers September 24th, 2020
- Will Fuller fails to draw a target in Texans loss September 21st, 2020
- Texans' Duke Johnson (ankle) inactive for Week 2 game against Ravens September 20th, 2020
- Texans' Brandin Cooks (quad) questionable for Week 2's matchup with Ravens September 18th, 2020