Eagles' Jalen Reagor expected to 'take backseat' in offense
Philadelphia Eagles first-round rookie wide receiver Jalen Reagor is "likely to take a backseat" to veteran DeSean Jackson, writes Mike Kaye of NJ.com.
Kaye believes Reagor will see an immediate role on offense, but he thinks expectations "should be tempered" because Jackson is still considered to be the Eagles' "top receiving threat." Reagor will likely learn multiple positions this offseason, but he figures to spend most of his rookie season in the slot between Jackson and Alshon Jeffery. That may limit Reagor's playing time because the Eagles featured 12 personnel (one running back, two tight ends, two wide receivers) more than any team in the NFL last season. On the flip side, Jackson has missed 19 games over the past three seasons. If his health remains an issue, Reagor would be a primary beneficiary.
numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings place Reagor (WR52) just ahead of Jackson (WR57) and Jeffery (WR60). Our models expect the first-rounder to lead the Eagles in receptions (52.0) and yards (640.2) while finishing second in targets (83.1) and touchdowns (4.4).
- Chiefs' Le'Veon Bell (knee) officially inactive for Sunday's AFC Championship game January 24th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) active for AFC Championship showdown with Buffalo January 24th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) ruled out for Sunday's AFC Championship game against Bills January 24th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (chest) questionable to return to NFC Championship game January 24th, 2021
- Bucs' Antoine Winfield Jr. (ankle) out for Sunday January 24th, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes dealing with turf toe January 24th, 2021
- Eagles fire head coach Doug Pederson January 11th, 2021
- Eagles' Jalen Reagor (head) will not return in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Alshon Jeffery among Eagles' inactives for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Eagles' Carson Wentz a healthy scratch in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Eagles' Miles Sanders (knee) ruled out for Week 17's game against Washington January 1st, 2021
- Philadelphia's Dallas Goedert (ankle) sidelined for Week 17's contest against Washington January 1st, 2021