'Increased hope' that Kaepernick is able to sign with an NFL team
Per the Washington Post's Mark Maske, there is 'increased' hope from some in the league and around the NFL that the current political environment will improve quarterback Colin Kaepernick's chances of signing with an NFL team.
Maske goes on to note that we shouldn't expect another publicity stunt like last year's bizarre NFL-scheduled workout in Atlanta. Kaepernick played his final down of football in 2016 for the San Francisco 49ers and has remained unjustly unsigned since becoming a free agent that offseason.
While he has not played in the NFL since 2016, it's worth noting that he could still likely compete for a starting job today. In his final season with the 49ers, whose Jeremy Kerley-led receiving group was arguably the worst in the NFL, Kaepernick still finished 21st overall among quarterbacks in total Net Expected Points per dropback. Teams like the New England Patriots, the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the Chicago Bears should all have Kaepernick on their radars if they want to compete in 2020.
- Jets rookie receiver Elijah Moore has been "unstoppable" in training camp August 2nd, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "letting it rip" this offseason August 2nd, 2021
- Calvin Ridley has had "no setbacks" after offseason surgery August 2nd, 2021
- Jonathan Taylor drawing plenty of targets in Colts' passing game August 2nd, 2021
- Panthers rookie Terrace Marshall "will steal some folks’ jobs” August 2nd, 2021
- Dolphins lift DeVante Parker off of PUP list August 2nd, 2021
- 49ers' coach Kyle Shanahan would be "very surprised" if rookie Trey Lance starts Week 1 August 2nd, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance begins practicing designed run plays in training camp August 1st, 2021
- Brandon Aiyuk an 'excellent accomplice' for 49ers' Trey Lance July 6th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020