Marvin Jones working with younger Lions
Detroit Lions wide receiver Marvin Jones (ankle) worked out with fifth-round rookie wide receiver Quintez Cephus and free agent addition Victor Bolden at his house.
Jones appears to be recovered from the ankle injury that forced him on injured reserve for the final three games last season. He was also limited to nine games in 2018 by a knee issue. Prior to Matthew Stafford going down last year, Jones averaged 66.9 yards over eight games and scored 6 touchdowns. His 9 receiving scores were tied for second in the league when Jones was placed on injured reserve. Now 30, Jones appears to be embracing his role as a veteran leader on the team. He's expected to start opposite Kenny Golladay again in 2020.
Jones is the WR33 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 109.8 targets, 66.8 catches, 854.3 yards, and 5.7 touchdowns.
- Olson: Raiders will start Henry Ruggs in slot August 6th, 2020
- Ravens' Marquise Brown now up to 180 pounds August 5th, 2020
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson '100 percent' after hernia surgery August 5th, 2020
- Dolphins' Albert Wilson also opts out of season August 5th, 2020
- Patriots' Mohamed Sanu (ankle) activated off PUP August 4th, 2020
- Vikings' Justin Jefferson activated off reserve/COVID-19 list August 4th, 2020
- Kenny Golladay (COVID-19) good to go for Lions August 5th, 2020
- Lions' Matthew Stafford activated off reserve/COVID-19 list August 4th, 2020
- Lions' Geronimo Allison opts out of 2020 season August 2nd, 2020
- Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford placed on COVID-19 list August 1st, 2020
- Lions place Kenny Golladay on COVID-19 list July 30th, 2020
- Jeimer Candelario on bench for second straight for Tigers July 27th, 2020