Cardinals sign receiver Dylan Cantrell
The Arizona Cardinals have signed wide receiver Dylan Cantrell.
Cantrell played receiver under Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury at Texas Tech, where he totaled 158 receptions for 1,873 yards and 18 touchdowns over the course of his five-year career there. Cantrell entered the league as a sixth-round pick of the Los Angeles Chargers in 2018, but failed to catch on. He'll get a new chance with his former coach, who prominently featured four-receiver sets at the college level.
Cantrell profiled as an uber-athlete at the 2018 NFL Combine, testing in the 99th-percentile athlete at the event. Unfortunately, neither his collegiate nor NFL production ever lived up to that athleticism. He will probably have to make a name for himself on special teams before he can become a contributor as a receiver.
- Le'Veon Bell 'training like a mad man' for second Jets season July 2nd, 2020
- Tavon Young (neck) 'ready to go' for Ravens July 2nd, 2020
- Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots July 2nd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne extension discussed by 49ers July 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel reportedly dealing with 'classic' Jones fracture July 2nd, 2020
- Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver July 2nd, 2020
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray not worried about lack of offseason reps June 17th, 2020
- Kenyan Drake 'excited' to be in Arizona in 2020 June 8th, 2020
- Cardinals sign receiver Dylan Cantrell June 1st, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Patrick Peterson, Cardinals haven't talked contract May 28th, 2020
- Everson Griffen drawing interest from Cardinals May 22nd, 2020