Raiders' Clelin Ferrell bulking up
Las Vegas Raiders defensive lineman Clelin Ferrell has put on 13 pounds this offseason and is up to 275 pounds.
Ferrell weighed 262 pounds as a rookie and he lost an additional 15 in Week 5 due to a bout of food poisoning. “He’s lean and mean and running pretty good,” said Mark Hall, Ferrell's personal defensive line coach. “We had a really good offseason and I know he can’t wait to get to Las Vegas and put that product on the field.” Ferrell finished his rookie season with 4.5 sacks, 8 tackles for loss, and 5 pass deflections. He seems poised for a large leap forward in 2020.
numberFire's models project Ferrell for 46.8 tackles, 6.2 sacks, 4.0 pass deflections, and 1.4 forced fumbles this season. The Raiders D/ST is 27th in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Le'Veon Bell 'training like a mad man' for second Jets season July 2nd, 2020
- Tavon Young (neck) 'ready to go' for Ravens July 2nd, 2020
- Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots July 2nd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne extension discussed by 49ers July 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel reportedly dealing with 'classic' Jones fracture July 2nd, 2020
- Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver July 2nd, 2020
- Raiders' Darren Waller focused on benefits of player-led workouts June 24th, 2020
- Raiders' Tyrell Williams (foot) now healthy June 24th, 2020
- Jalen Richard pinned for Raiders' pass-catching role June 24th, 2020
- Josh Jacobs facing competition for Raiders' passing-game work June 24th, 2020
- Schefter: Raiders' Henry Ruggs expected ready by training camp June 11th, 2020
- Raiders' Clelin Ferrell bulking up June 1st, 2020