Patrick Queen expected to control Ravens' middle
Baltimore Ravens first-round rookie linebacker Patrick Queen is expected to start at middle linebacker, per head coach John Harbaugh.
"I think Patrick Queen will play probably at 'Mike' for the most part — right down the middle. Let him use his speed and his instincts to run around and make plays for all three phases, be a three-down guy both in our base package and sub-package," Harbaugh said in a conference call with season ticket holders. The Ravens took Queen with the 28th overall pick in this year's draft, so it makes sense they envision him playing a three-down role. Queen recorded 85 combined tackles, 3.0 sacks, 12 tackles for loss, and 2 forced fumbles in his final season at LSU.
numberFire's models project Queen for 83.4 tackles, 0.4 sacks, 2.3 pass deflections, and 1.1 forced fumbles in his rookie season. The Ravens have the top overall D/ST in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Cowboys "might have some interest" in David Njoku July 3rd, 2020
- Browns tight end David Njoku has requested to be traded July 3rd, 2020
- Bengals defensive back Trae Waynes has not taken physical July 3rd, 2020
- 49ers' D.J. Reed suffers torn pectoral July 3rd, 2020
- Seahawks a potential landing spot for Antonio Brown July 3rd, 2020
- Browns' Jordan Elliott signs rookie contract July 2nd, 2020
- Tavon Young (neck) 'ready to go' for Ravens July 2nd, 2020
- Ravens' Marquise Brown 'has had a great offseason physically' June 28th, 2020
- Ravens' Marquise Brown says he's heavier, faster June 26th, 2020
- Antonio Brown reportedly unlikely to land with Ravens June 25th, 2020
- Antonio Brown reportedly discussed by Seahawks, Ravens June 23rd, 2020
- Ravens' rookie Devin Duvernay working with specialist June 16th, 2020