Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract
The Kansas City Chiefs and defensive lineman Chris Jones haven't had "much traction" on a long-term contract, according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.
Jones was franchise tagged on March 16, but he's yet to sign the tender - which is worth over 16 million dollars for one year. He's still holding out hope for a contract extension, which he has until July 15 to negotiate for with the Chiefs. There's also a chance the team tries to trade him somewhere else, perhaps a franchise more willing to extend him.
Jones had another elite season in 2019, ranking as the No. 7 interior defender in the league with an overall rating of 87.6, according to Pro Football Focus.
- Cowboys offer Dak Prescott 3-year deal worth over $100 million guaranteed July 14th, 2020
- Cowboys, Dak Prescott not scheduled for talks between now and July 15th deadline July 14th, 2020
- Eagles, Jason Peters reach agreement on one-year deal worth up to $6 million July 14th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reportedly gets $125 million extension July 14th, 2020
- Alshon Jeffery (foot) expected to start on Eagles PUP July 14th, 2020
- Shaq Barrett officially signing Buccaneers' tag Tuesday July 14th, 2020
- Chris Jones reportedly lands 4-year, $85M from Chiefs July 14th, 2020
- Chiefs have begun contract negotiations with Chris Jones July 12th, 2020
- Chiefs re-sign Matt Moore to one-year deal July 10th, 2020
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes reportedly guaranteed $477 million July 7th, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes signs 10-year, $450 million extension with Chiefs July 6th, 2020
- Chiefs expect 'big jump' from Damien Williams July 5th, 2020