Patrick Peterson, Cardinals haven't talked contract
Arizona Cardinals contract-year defensive back Patrick Peterson said he hasn't had any contract talks this offseason.
Peterson added that he's "optimistic" a deal will get done but that it won't impact his play if it doesn't. "If it happens, it happens," Peterson said. He was suspended for the first six games of last season and initially struggled upon return, but Peterson earned Pro Football Focus' third-best coverage grade (86.7) out of 85 corners to play from Week 15 on. The veteran corner will look to carry that level of play into his age-30 season.
numberFire's models project Peterson for 1.0 interceptions and 5.4 pass deflections this season. The Cardinals D/ST is 15th in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Browns' Donovan Peoples-Jones "looks incredible right now" June 21st, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman impressing teammates in minicamp June 21st, 2021
- Carson Wentz making positive impression with Colts' teammates June 21st, 2021
- Rams' Matthew Stafford "better than advertised" so far this offseason June 21st, 2021
- Nick Chubb, Browns negotiating extension June 21st, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields to play plenty of preseason reps June 21st, 2021
- Vikings not eyeing larger role for Irv Smith Jr. in 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Alexander Mattison (concussion) not listed on Minnesota's Week 17 injury report January 1st, 2021
- Minnesota's Alexander Mattison (concussion) participates in Wednesday's practice December 30th, 2020
- Dalvin Cook away from Vikings for family emergency, out Week 17 December 30th, 2020
- Vikings' Kyle Rudolph (foot) placed on injured reserve December 29th, 2020
- Vikings' Alexander Mattison (concussion) ruled out for Friday's matchup against New Orleans December 24th, 2020