Seahawks sign Carlos Hyde to one-year deal
The Seattle Seahawks have reached an agreement with former Houston Texans' running back Carlos Hyde, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Hyde is currently recovering from surgery to repair a torn labrum.
Two days after it was reported that the Seahawks where in talks with Hyde, they signed the former Texans' running back. Seattle, along with the Philadelphia Eagles, has been in the market for a veteran running back for most of the offseason, after it became apparent that Rashaad Penny would not be ready for Week 1 following an ACL injury last season. Hyde is coming off a 1,000+ yard season in Houston, where he handled 274 carries and scored 6 touchdowns. It remains to be seen how he will be utilized alongside Chris Carson, Travis Homer, and DeeJay Dallas, but if his career numbers are any indication, he won't soak up much volume in the passing game. Hyde is doubtful for the start of training camp as he recovers from off season surgery, but is expected to be ready for Week 1.
Hyde earned a running grade of 77.2 from Pro Football Focus last season, the highest mark of his career, and 16th best at his position. Chris Carson finished 2019 with a PFF running grade of 77.9, 9th best among running backs. numberFire's preseason projections have Chris Carson as their RB15 for the upcoming season.
- Cowboys unlikely to trade for Jamal Adams until Dak Prescott signs deal May 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Jets willing to listen to calls for Jamal Adams May 22nd, 2020
- Devonta Freeman willing to skip 2020 season May 22nd, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Seahawks sign Carlos Hyde to one-year deal May 22nd, 2020
- Seahawks reportedly talking to Carlos Hyde May 20th, 2020
- Seahawks reportedly made offer to Devonta Freeman May 20th, 2020
- Arrest warrants issued for Giants' DeAndre Baker and Seahawks' Quinton Dunbar May 14th, 2020