Jets reportedly remain committed to Jamal Adams
The New York Jets have "no intention" of trading defensive back Jamal Adams, per Ralph Vacchiano of SNY.
The two sides reportedly reached an impasse in negotiations, but Vacchiano's source expects the organization to eventually sign Adams to a deal that will make him a "Jet for life." Adams set career-highs in sacks (6.5) and tackles for loss (10) last season. He's earned All-Pro honors and made two Pro Bowls through his first three years in the league.
numberFire's models project Adams for 2.1 interceptions, 6.0 pass deflections, and 4.3 sacks this season. Adams finished as Pro Football Focus' fourth-best safety out of 71 to play at least 500 snaps. He's graded out as a top-four safety each of the past two seasons among safeties with 500-plus snaps.
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Devonta Freeman willing to skip 2020 season May 22nd, 2020
- Cowboys unlikely to trade for Jamal Adams until Dak Prescott signs deal May 25th, 2020
- Jets willing to listen to calls for Jamal Adams May 22nd, 2020
- Jets sign Joe Flacco to one-year, $1.5 million deal May 22nd, 2020
- Jets reportedly remain committed to Jamal Adams May 22nd, 2020
- Jamal Adams, Jets contract talks hit snafu May 22nd, 2020
- Chris Herndon to be 'unleashed' by Jets this season May 19th, 2020