Bucs planning to add a "Brady influence" to their offense for upcoming season
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers want to "keep their offense the same" this season, with the addition of "a Brady influence", according to Bucs' quarterback coach Clyde Christensen.
Christensen told The Athletic's Bob Kravtiz that Brady came in saying "Just tell me what you want me to do" as opposed to bringing his own playbook and verbiage with him. The Buccaneers passed on 62% of their downs last season, seventh-most in the league, with 374 of their 677 pass attempts coming while trailing, per Sharp Football Stats. When tied or leading, they were still pass-heavy, opting to throw it 55% of the time, ninth-most in the league. While adding a "Brady influence" may lead to more positive game scripts, the Bucs will still likely lean heavily on the pass after registering a run success rate of just 41% last season, well below the league average of 48%.
Brady earned a grade of 80.4 from Pro Football Focus last season, 11th best in the league and considerably above Jameis Winston's grade of 68.4 (26th in the league).
- Le'Veon Bell 'training like a mad man' for second Jets season July 2nd, 2020
- Tavon Young (neck) 'ready to go' for Ravens July 2nd, 2020
- Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots July 2nd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne extension discussed by 49ers July 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel reportedly dealing with 'classic' Jones fracture July 2nd, 2020
- Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver July 2nd, 2020
- Shaq Barrett committed to Buccaneers in 2020 June 30th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Vita Vea (hand) will miss time during training camp June 27th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Jason Pierre-Paul undergoes minor knee surgery June 26th, 2020
- Shaq Barrett 'about 50-50' on signing Buccaneers' tag June 26th, 2020
- Mike Evans joins private practice with Buccaneers teammates June 26th, 2020
- Chris Godwin working out privately with Tom Brady, Buccaneers June 24th, 2020