A.J. Epenesa signs rookie deal with Bills
The Buffalo Bills signed second-round rookie defensive end A.J. Epenesa to a 4-year contract.
Epenesa was the Bills' highest pick from this year's draft. He earned first-team All-Big Ten honors as a true junior at Iowa and also became the first Hawkeye with double-digit sacks in back-to-back seasons since Matt Roth (2003-04). The Bills added multiple defensive ends in free agency this offseason, so Epenesa isn't guaranteed a starting role based on draft capital. Furthermore, a poor combine performance has led some to believe that Epenesa may be forced inside at the NFL level.
Epenesa earned an 87.8 pass-rushing grade from Pro Football Focus across 450 pass-rushing snaps in 2019. He graded above 85.0 overall each of his last two seasons at Iowa.
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel reportedly dealing with 'classic' Jones fracture July 2nd, 2020
- Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver July 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle reportedly could make $13 million annually July 2nd, 2020
- Jets "still talking" with free agent Demaryius Thomas July 1st, 2020
- Jets expect Chris Herndon to play key receiving role July 1st, 2020
- Packers sign Jordan Love to 4-year deal July 1st, 2020
- Buffalo's Duke Williams facing serious roster competition July 1st, 2020
- Robert Foster's roster position with Bills challenged by rookie class July 1st, 2020
- Stefon Diggs expected to dominate Bills' targets July 1st, 2020
- Devin Singletary could be used more in Bills' pass game July 1st, 2020
- John Brown expected to benefit from Bills' offseason moves June 30th, 2020
- Cole Beasley to have more opportunities 'to catch the ball' June 29th, 2020