Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks having discussions
Free agent running back Marshawn Lynch said his agent, Doug Hendrickson, has been "in talks" with the Seattle Seahawks.
"My agent has been in talks with Seattle, so like I said, we'll see what happens," Lynch said Monday night. "If it works out and I get back up there, it is what it is. And if not...I'm lookin' good. So I ain't really trippin' too much." Lynch is obviously familiar with the Seahawks offense and organization, but he was woefully inefficient last season while filling in late for Chris Carson (hip) and Rashaad Penny (ACL). After unretiring for the second time in three seasons, Lynch mustered just 67 yards on 30 carries over the Seahawks final three games, including two playoff appearances. Granted, he hadn't played in 14 months, but Lynch's 2.2 yards per carry would have been second-worst in the league last year out of all running backs with at least 30 regular-season carries. In the unlikely event that Carson and Penny aren't ready for the start of next season, it would be surprising to see Lynch get the call over fourth-round rookie DeeJay Dallas and 2019 sixth-rounder Travis Homer. Lynch turned 34 last month.
Lynch recorded career-lows with -0.22 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt and a 30.0 success rate last season, including the playoffs. The league averages were -0.01 Rushing NEP per attempt and a 40.2 success rate.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Russell Wilson excited for Seahawks' new "super complex" offense June 13th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Seahawks' Jamal Adams (shoulders, fingers) will require offseason surgery January 10th, 2021
- Seattle's Rashaad Penny inactive for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 9th, 2021
- Alex Collins promoted to Seattle's active roster for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 8th, 2021
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (knee) questionable for Wild Card clash with Rams January 8th, 2021