Trent Williams fine with playing for 49ers on current deal
San Francisco 49ers left tackle Trent Williams confirmed he is comfortable playing on his current contract and waiting on an extension.
"Obviously there's an incentive for me to play well," Williams said. "I mean, they give up a third-rounder next year, they kind of invested in the deal as well. I think both parties are interested in something long term. I'm more than OK with kind of just getting my feet wet and just playing it out." 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan previously said the team won't immediately begin extension talks with their newly-acquired left tackle, so it sounds like they're on the same page. Williams turns 32 this summer and is entering the final year of his contract. He held out all of last season.
Williams was 13th in pass blocking and 20th overall on Pro Football Focus in 2018 out of 64 tackles with at least 500 snaps. He's received a grade of at least 75.0 in both categories every year since his rookie season.
- David Njoku reportedly 'big part' of Browns July 6th, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes signs 10-year, $450 million extension with Chiefs July 6th, 2020
- Chiefs expect 'big jump' from Damien Williams July 5th, 2020
- Lions sign second round pick D'Andre Swift to 4-year deal July 4th, 2020
- Cam Newton arrives in New England to take physical July 4th, 2020
- Bills' Gabriel Davis 'could be a plug-and-play weapon' this season July 4th, 2020
- Washington receiver Emanuel Hall tears achilles June 28th, 2020
- Terry McLaurin practicing with Washington teammates June 25th, 2020
- Washington's Adrian Peterson interested in 4 more seasons June 24th, 2020
- Redskins' Derrius Guice appears healthy in recent video June 14th, 2020
- Washington's Dwayne Haskins dropping weight June 11th, 2020
- Redskins quarterback Dwayne Haskins seen throwing with Steven Sims June 7th, 2020