Steelers willing to draft another quarterback
Pittsburgh Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said the team is willing to select another quarterback in this week's NFL draft.
“If any pick makes sense at any time, then of course we’ll make those picks,” Colbert said during a Monday video call with the media. “You feel good about No. 7, Ben [Roethlisberger], coming back. We know what we have in Mason [Rudolph]. And, you know, we’ll see where we go." The Steelers also have Devlin Hodges, Paxton Lynch, and J.T. Barrett on the roster, but they may want to upgrade behind Roethlisberger after finishing 30th in yards and 27th in points scored last season without him. They ranked in the top-10 in both of those categories every year from 2014-2018 with Roethlisberger leading the way. Pittsburgh does not have a first-round pick in this year's draft. They do own the 49th, 102nd, 124th, 135th, 198th, and 232nd selections.
The Steelers had the second-worst overall offense and fourth-worst passing offense last season on a per-play basis, based on numberFire's advanced metrics.
- Cowboys "might have some interest" in David Njoku July 3rd, 2020
- Browns tight end David Njoku has requested to be traded July 3rd, 2020
- Bengals defensive back Trae Waynes has not taken physical July 3rd, 2020
- 49ers' D.J. Reed suffers torn pectoral July 3rd, 2020
- Seahawks a potential landing spot for Antonio Brown July 3rd, 2020
- Browns' Jordan Elliott signs rookie contract July 2nd, 2020
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (groin) running hills June 25th, 2020
- Steelers' James Conner focused on winning Super Bowl No.7 for Pittsburgh June 24th, 2020
- Steelers holding competitions at left guard and right tackle June 23rd, 2020
- Steelers 'comfortable' with Ben Roethlisberger's (elbow) health June 23rd, 2020
- Steelers' Mike Hilton re-signs June 12th, 2020
- Steelers' Eric Ebron, Vance McDonald could have training camp battle June 4th, 2020