Steelers willing to draft another quarterback
Pittsburgh Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said the team is willing to select another quarterback in this week's NFL draft.
“If any pick makes sense at any time, then of course we’ll make those picks,” Colbert said during a Monday video call with the media. “You feel good about No. 7, Ben [Roethlisberger], coming back. We know what we have in Mason [Rudolph]. And, you know, we’ll see where we go." The Steelers also have Devlin Hodges, Paxton Lynch, and J.T. Barrett on the roster, but they may want to upgrade behind Roethlisberger after finishing 30th in yards and 27th in points scored last season without him. They ranked in the top-10 in both of those categories every year from 2014-2018 with Roethlisberger leading the way. Pittsburgh does not have a first-round pick in this year's draft. They do own the 49th, 102nd, 124th, 135th, 198th, and 232nd selections.
The Steelers had the second-worst overall offense and fourth-worst passing offense last season on a per-play basis, based on numberFire's advanced metrics.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Jaguars reportedly sign Marvin Jones to 2-year, $9.2 million fully guaranteed deal March 16th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Steelers activate Eric Ebron from COVID-19 list for Wild Card game January 8th, 2021
- Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday January 5th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron on reserve/COVID-19 list January 2nd, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (rest) officially ruled out for Week 17's game against Browns January 1st, 2021
- Mason Rudolph starting for Steelers in finale versus Browns December 29th, 2020