Chiefs, DeAndre Washington agree to one-year contract
The Kansas City Chiefs have signed former Las Vegas Raider running back DeAndre Washington to a one-year contract, according to Yahoo's Terez A. Paylor.
A former 5th round draft pick back in 2016, Washington had spent his entire career with the Raiders, but will now be a part of the Chiefs' backfield for the upcoming season. He will be joined by Damien Williams and sophomore Darwin Thompson, and while his exact role is unknown, simply being a part of the Chiefs' backfield is a boost to his potential fantasy value. The 27-year-old played in all 16 games for the Raiders last season, logging 108 carries for 387 yards and 3 touchdowns, and catching 36-of-41 targets (87.8%) for 292 yards (8.1 per reception). Chiefs' running backs saw a combined total of 111 targets last season.
Washington earned a receiving grade of 80.8 from Pro Football Focus last season, the 13th best mark for any running back, and a better score than both Damien Williams (66.2) and Darwin Thompson (52.7). Washington's 2019 catch rate of 87.8% ranked second-best among all running backs with at least 15 receptions.
- Cowboys unlikely to trade for Jamal Adams until Dak Prescott signs deal May 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs to talk extension this summer May 22nd, 2020
- Mecole Hardman may be moved off Chiefs' return duties May 20th, 2020
- Chiefs say Clyde Edwards-Helaire has special skills May 20th, 2020
- Chiefs sign quarterback Shea Patterson May 3rd, 2020
- Chiefs reportedly sign defensive end Taco Charlton to one-year deal May 2nd, 2020
- Damien Williams, Clyde Edwards-Helaire give Chiefs '1-2 punch' May 1st, 2020