Falcons' John Cominsky to have increased role
Atlanta Falcons defensive lineman John Cominsky will have an increased role this upcoming season, per head coach Dan Quinn.
The Falcons traded up in last year's draft to take Cominsky in the fourth round, but he played just 100 defensive snaps as a rookie and failed to make an impact. Vic Beasley and Adrian Clayborn have since signed elsewhere, creating an opportunity for Cominsky to emerge as a starter.
Cominsky recorded 0.5 sacks, 2 quarterback hits, 2 hurries, and 3 pressures over 10 appearances last season. There's obviously only a limited sample size to work with, but Cominsky did receive the 23rd-highest grade (82.1) on Pro Football Focus among 145 edge defenders to log 100-plus defensive snaps.
- Silver: 49ers and George Kittle 'remain far apart' on potential extension May 30th, 2020
- Texans, Zach Fulton agree to restructured contract May 29th, 2020
- 49ers' Dee Ford had "relatively minor" knee surgery during offseason May 29th, 2020
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Ito Smith to work out in Atlanta with Matt Ryan, offense May 20th, 2020
- Hayden Hurst practicing with Matt Ryan in Atlanta May 20th, 2020
- Falcons: Todd Gurley health unknown May 14th, 2020
- Falcons' Ricardo Allen (shoulder) on schedule May 7th, 2020
- Falcons acquire Charles Harris in trade with Dolphins May 1st, 2020
- Falcons decline Takk McKinley 2021 option April 29th, 2020