Bengals' Drew Sample expected to make 'significant jump'
Cincinnati Bengals second-year tight end Drew Sample is expected to make a "significant jump" next season, writes Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic.
Sample, a 2019 second-round pick, played just 108 offensive snaps across nine games before landing on injured reserve with an ankle injury. C.J. Uzomah and Sample will work together to make up for the offseason departure of Tyler Eifert, who was fourth on the team with 68 targets last season. Sample's outlook could change if the Bengals add a tight end in the draft, but Dehner doesn't expect that to happen.
Sample caught 5 passes on 6 targets for 30 yards as a rookie. He had modest college production for the Washington Huskies, catching 46 passes for 487 yards and 5 touchdowns over four seasons.
- Detroit's Jamal Agnew converting to wide receiver May 26th, 2020
- Jets' Joe Flacco (neck) not ready for Week 1's regular season opener May 26th, 2020
- Jalen Ramsey to report to Rams training camp May 26th, 2020
- D.J. Chark to continue working out of Jaguars' slot May 26th, 2020
- Patriots unsure about bottom of wide receiver depth chart May 26th, 2020
- Colts' Parris Campbell to play more slot snaps May 26th, 2020
- Bengals have discussed an extension with Joe Mixon May 10th, 2020
- Bengals decline receiver John Ross' fifth-year option May 3rd, 2020
- Andy Dalton’s tenure with Bengals reportedly over April 30th, 2020
- Bengals reportedly claim Austin Calitro off waivers April 29th, 2020
- Bengals' Tee Higgins expected to start Week 1 April 28th, 2020
- Bengals re-sign Brandon Wilson April 27th, 2020