Rams' Austin Blythe expected to start at center
Los Angeles Rams offensive lineman Austin Blythe is expected to start at center next season, writes Rich Hammond of The Athletic.
Blythe took over at center over the final eight games of last season after Brian Allen went down with a knee injury. He was re-signed to a one-year deal in March. The former seventh-rounder has started 31-of-32 games for the Rams over the last two seasons. He turns 28 in June.
Blythe allowed the second-most pressures (38) among all centers last season. He received the second-lowest grade (50.3) on Pro Football Focus among the 109 offensive lineman to play at least 900 snaps.
- Cowboys unlikely to trade for Jamal Adams until Dak Prescott signs deal May 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Rams committed to backfield committee May 21st, 2020
- Rams embracing open competition in backfield May 4th, 2020
- Josh Reynolds 'on track' to be Rams' starter April 29th, 2020
- Rams select tight end Brycen Hopkins at No. 136 April 25th, 2020
- Rams select linebacker Terrell Lewis at No. 84 April 24th, 2020
- Rams choose wide receiver Van Jefferson at No. 57 April 24th, 2020