Buccaneers' Scotty Miller 'gunning' for third receiver role in 2020
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Scotty Miller expects to compete for the third receiver role on the 2020 depth chart.
After Breshad Perriman signed with the New York Jets, Miller is expecting to compete for the third receiving spot behind starters Chris Godwin and Mike Evans. "With B.P. going to the Jets that spot is open and I’m going to want to be on the field as much as possible next year to help this team win games," said Miller when asked about his playing time expectations. "Hopefully I can get that spot, play as much as I can, make as many plays as I can and help us win as much as we can.”
Expect Miller and Justin Watson to battle for the third receiving role if Tampa Bay decides to roll with their current group. On 15 career catchable targets, Miller has recorded 24% of his receiving yards after the catch (48 of 200) and one touchdown.
- Cowboys unlikely to trade for Jamal Adams until Dak Prescott signs deal May 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Hunter Henry 'fine' playing under the franchise tag May 24th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Browns sign center Nick Harris to rookie deal May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Cameron Brate catching with Tom Brady in Tampa Bay May 21st, 2020
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard gets in work with Tom Brady May 21st, 2020
- Mike Evans works out with Tom Brady, fellow Buccaneers May 21st, 2020
- Buccaneers believe Ke'Shawn Vaughn capable of three-down role May 21st, 2020
- Tom Brady throws with Tampa Bay teammates May 19th, 2020
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones working on receiving May 14th, 2020