Chiefs, Ricky Seals-Jones agree to one-year contract
The Kansas City Chiefs have signed former Cleveland Browns tight end Ricky Seals-Jones to a one-year contract.
The former undrafted free agent in 2017 spent his first two seasons with the Arizona Cardinals before taking part in 14 games for the Browns last season. Jones caught 14 of 22 targets in Cleveland (63.6%) for 229 yards (16.4 yards per reception), 4 touchdowns, and 10 first downs. He will likely serve as the primary back up to Travis Kelce, a potentially valuable role, but one that only resulted in a combined 19 targets for Blake Bell and Deon Yelder last season.
Seals' Net Expected Points per reception of 1.22 was 5th best among all tight ends with at least 10 receptions last season. He earned a receiving grade of 58.1 from Pro Football Focus, the second-best mark of his three-year career.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) not participating in minicamp June 13th, 2021
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (toe) will not require surgery January 10th, 2021
- Washington's Taylor Heinecke starting under center on Saturday January 9th, 2021
- Alex Smith (calf) inactive for Washington in Saturday's Wild Card game January 9th, 2021