Texans reportedly considering signing Eric Reid
The Houston Texans have had talks discussing the possibility of defensive back Eric Reid joining them, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.
Reid's brother, Justin, has reportedly spoken to Bill O'Brien about signing Eric and received positive feedback. It's a long way from a sure thing, but the Texans could certainly use the help after recording a Pro Football Focus coverage grade of just 50.3 last season, the 5th worst mark in the league. A weakness that was on full display during their playoff collapse to the Kansas City Chiefs.
Reid took over 100 snaps at multiple positions for the Panthers last season, including slot corner (193), box (496), and free safety (295). He recorded the worst coverage grade of his career (36.1), allowing 45 receptions on 57 targets (78.9%) for 573 yards (12.7 per reception) and 7 touchdowns.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey not expecting offseason surgery January 4th, 2021
- Panthers' Teddy Bridgewater replaced by P.J. Walker in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Carolina's Mike Davis (ankle) will not play in Week 17's matchup against Saints January 1st, 2021
- Carolina's Robby Anderson (calf) fully practices on Thursday December 31st, 2020
- Carolina's Robby Anderson (calf) DNP on Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Mike Davis (ankle) out for Panthers versus Saints December 30th, 2020