Lions ink Darryl Roberts for year
The Detroit Lions signed defensive back Darryl Roberts, formerly of the New York Jets, to a 1-year contract.
Roberts started 10 games for the Jets each of the past two seasons. He allowed fewer yards per target in 2019 (7.1) than the previous year (7.9), but opposing completion percentages increased to 64.3 from 59.6. Roberts also allowed more touchdowns last season (6) than in 2018 (4). The 29-year-old joins a secondary that has gone through a complete makeover this offseason.
Roberts has 3 interceptions and 27 pass deflections over 56 career games. He graded 62nd on Pro Football Focus last season among 83 corners to play at least 553 defensive snaps. Roberts' coverage grade decreased from 66.4 in 2018 to 58.5 last year.
- Jets' Joe Flacco (neck) not ready for Week 1's regular season opener May 26th, 2020
- Jalen Ramsey to report to Rams training camp May 26th, 2020
- D.J. Chark to continue working out of Jaguars' slot May 26th, 2020
- Patriots unsure about bottom of wide receiver depth chart May 26th, 2020
- Colts' Parris Campbell to play more slot snaps May 26th, 2020
- Dolphins reportedly believe Tua Tagovailoa could see rookie snaps May 26th, 2020
- Detroit's Jamal Agnew converting to wide receiver May 26th, 2020
- Lions sign defensive tackle John Penisini to rookie deal May 18th, 2020
- Matthew Stafford fully recovered, committed to Lions May 18th, 2020
- Lions sign guard Logan Stenberg to rookie contract May 17th, 2020
- Jarrad Davis still considered 'cornerstone' of Lions organization May 5th, 2020
- Lions' Kerryon Johnson expected to lose workhorse role April 29th, 2020