Titans' Derrick Henry reportedly signs $10.2 million tender
Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry signed his $10.2 million franchise tender, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter and Dianna Russini.
Henry and the Titans are still working towards a long-term deal. The 26-year-old led the league in rushing yards (1,540) and carries (303) last season and averaged 5.1 a tote, most among any back with 200-plus attempts. The Titans released Dion Lewis earlier this offseason, a move that could lead to more usage for Henry in the passing game. He only had 18 catches on 24 targets in 15 games last season.
Henry averaged 19.0 FanDuel points per game in 2019, second only to Christian McCaffrey (25.8). He was the only running back in the NFL to average more than 100 rushing yards per game (102.7). Henry ranked 6th in numberFire's advanced rushing metric among the 45 backs with at least 100 carries.
- Detroit's Jamal Agnew converting to wide receiver May 26th, 2020
- Jets' Joe Flacco (neck) not ready for Week 1's regular season opener May 26th, 2020
- Jalen Ramsey to report to Rams training camp May 26th, 2020
- D.J. Chark to continue working out of Jaguars' slot May 26th, 2020
- Patriots unsure about bottom of wide receiver depth chart May 26th, 2020
- Colts' Parris Campbell to play more slot snaps May 26th, 2020
- Titans' Jonnu Smith, Ryan Tannehill working together in private May 15th, 2020
- Titans make Larrell Murchison official May 13th, 2020
- Adoree' Jackson's fifth-year exercised by Titans May 1st, 2020
- Titans reportedly declining Corey Davis' option May 1st, 2020
- Titans take Hawaii passer Cole McDonald with No. 224 pick April 25th, 2020
- Titans select cornerback Kristian Fulton at No. 61 April 24th, 2020