Cowboys, Aldon Smith reach agreement on one-year, $4 million contract
The Dallas Cowboys have signed linebacker Aldon Smith to a one-year contract worth $4 million, according to Jay Glazer.
The former 7th overall draft pick in 2011 is reportedly clean and sober as he waits to be officially reinstated following a 4-year absence due to personal and legal issues. Prior to his absence, Smith was on track to be a tremendous impact player, recording 47.5 sacks in his 59 games played, including 19.5 in his Sophomore season in 2012. The 30-year-old will join a Cowboys' defense rated 10th against the rush and 11th against the pass according to Pro Football Focus.
During his Pro Bowl season in 2012, Smith was Pro Football Focus' highest-graded tackler at his position with a grade of 90.2. In his last season before his absence, Smith received a rush defense grade of 77.6 and a pass-rush grade of 63.9, generating 36 pressures that resulted in 4 sacks, 5 quarterback hits, and 27 hurries.
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) looks fresh in Week 16 return against Eagles December 28th, 2020
- CeeDee Lamb scores via air, ground for Dallas December 28th, 2020
- Michael Gallup gains 121 yards, scores twice in Cowboys victory December 28th, 2020
- Cowboys' Andy Dalton explodes for 377 yards and 3 touchdowns in Week 16's divisional win over Eagles December 28th, 2020
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) active for Week 16 clash with Eagles December 27th, 2020