Seahawks sign former Raider Benson Mayowa
The Seattle Seahawks have signed former Raider's defensive lineman Benson Mayowa, per ESPN's Field Yates.
Mayowa, an undrafted free agent back in 2013, played 301 snaps for the Raiders last season, with 252 of those coming in passing situations. He was originally signed by the Seahawks back in 2013, but played just 24 total snaps before moving onto the Raiders, Cowboys, Cardinals, and then back to Oakland. The 28-year-old will join a Seahawks pass rush that ranked 30th in the league last season, per Pro Football Focus.
Mayowa recorded a career-high 8 sacks last season and also equaled his career-high quarterback hurries with 18. He received a pass-blocking grade of 70.2 from Pro Football Focus, the highest of his seven-year career.
- Detroit's Jamal Agnew converting to wide receiver May 26th, 2020
- Jets' Joe Flacco (neck) not ready for Week 1's regular season opener May 26th, 2020
- Jalen Ramsey to report to Rams training camp May 26th, 2020
- D.J. Chark to continue working out of Jaguars' slot May 26th, 2020
- Patriots unsure about bottom of wide receiver depth chart May 26th, 2020
- Colts' Parris Campbell to play more slot snaps May 26th, 2020
- Seahawks still see Chris Carson as lead running back May 24th, 2020
- Seattle's Carlos Hyde (shoulder) recovering from torn labrum surgery May 23rd, 2020
- Seahawks sign Carlos Hyde to one-year deal May 22nd, 2020
- Seahawks reportedly talking to Carlos Hyde May 20th, 2020
- Seahawks reportedly made offer to Devonta Freeman May 20th, 2020
- Arrest warrants issued for Giants' DeAndre Baker and Seahawks' Quinton Dunbar May 14th, 2020