Patriots release Cody Kessler
The New England Patriots have released third-string quarterback Cody Kessler, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
The former 3rd round draft pick from 2016 was signed by the Patriots last October, released, and then re-signed. He had been operating as the team's third-string option. Kessler's release leaves the Patriots with two quarterbacks on their roster, Sophomore Jarrett Stidham, and veteran Brian Hoyer.
Kessler has a career record of 2 wins and 10 losses in his 12 career starts. Since being drafted, he has compiled a total of 224 completions on 349 attempts (64.2 percent) for 2,215 yards (6.3 per attempt), 8 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions.
- Packers guard Lane Taylor agrees to pay cut May 31st, 2020
- Broncos tight end Jake Butt finally healthy May 31st, 2020
- Silver: 49ers and George Kittle 'remain far apart' on potential extension May 30th, 2020
- Texans, Zach Fulton agree to restructured contract May 29th, 2020
- 49ers' Dee Ford had "relatively minor" knee surgery during offseason May 29th, 2020
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Patriots unsure about bottom of wide receiver depth chart May 26th, 2020
- Patriots could ask cornerback Joejuan Williams to take on multiple roles May 24th, 2020
- Jeff Thomas has 'best chance' among Patriots' UDFA wideouts May 22nd, 2020
- Patrick Chung reportedly extends with Patriots through 2023 May 20th, 2020
- Patriots tackle Yodny Cajuste "healthy and good to go" May 17th, 2020
- Patriots sought assurance before Devin Asiasi trade up May 13th, 2020