Buccaneers believe Tom Brady 'still has plenty of arm'
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady "can still throw it deep," according to general manager Jason Licht.
“Well, the tape to us showed that he had plenty of arm,” Licht said. “We felt that he had the ideal arm for Bruce and his system. He can still throw it deep." Licht added that they "did not see a decline in his arm talent whatsoever." There's some belief that Brady skills have started to diminish as he approaches his age-43 campaign, but the Buccaneers certainly don't seem to be concerned. If Licht is right, it should bode well for Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and the rest of the passing attack. That said, Jameis Winston led the NFL with 6,538 air yards last season. Brady was 9th with 4,641 yards.
Brady's average depth of target of 7.5 yards last season was 25th among the 33 quarterbacks with at least 200 attempts. Jameis Winston, meanwhile, had an average of 10.4 yards, behind only Matthew Stafford (10.6).
- T.J. Hockenson standing out at Lions training camp August 1st, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance begins practicing designed run plays in training camp August 1st, 2021
- Dolphins' Mike Gesicki one of three Miami tight ends placed on reserve/COVID-19 list on Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz set to rehab foot injury before deciding on surgery August 1st, 2021
- Browns ink running back Nick Chubb to 3-year extension August 1st, 2021
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard (Achilles) not practicing to start training camp July 25th, 2021
- Chris Godwin, Buccaneers unlikely to reach long-term deal July 15th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021